Keyboard Encounters Kids is a group music program tailored to kids in 3rd-5th grade, a great age for learning how to play the piano.
- Classes feature music reading, ensemble playing and singing – with an emphasis on having fun!
- Kids begin playing the very first day.
It Makes You Smarter!
- Studies show that playing music helps kids excel in math, reading and verbal skills and score better on math tests than kids without a music education; high school seniors with music experience score higher on the S.A.T.
- Playing music helps develop coordination, timing and memory.
- It’s Fun In A Group
- Most recorded and live music is performed in groups (bands, orchestras, jazz trios)
- Children like being in a group, where they make new friends and learn from each other.
- Students establish an excellent sense of rhythm in a group.
- Kids try harder in a group, where there’s subtle peer pressure.
- Playing with a group build self-confidence.