Jensen’s Yamaha Music School has been creating musicians for life since 1976. We’re the only authorized Yamaha Music School in south central Texas and are proud to be a family business. Watch our video to see the many ways we create musicians for life!
It’s why we do what we do. We enjoy watching young musicians develop and grow. We’ve had students come back after graduating high school, thanking us for helping them reach new heights. We love teaching music the Yamaha way (the natural way), because it creates musicians for life. The key is starting a child between the ages 3-7. That’s what makes all the difference in your child’s brain development as well as reaching their full musical potential.
We know the courses we offer for young children are the best you can find in San Antonio. How do we know this? Because…
- Certified Yamaha teachers must pass rigorous qualifications and teacher training in order to teach the curriculum, which means your child will be taken through a process fit to meet their every musical need.
- Yamaha specifically designed the curriculum to be timely and highly affective, using activities such as listening, singing, intensive ear-training, keyboard playing, and music theory and analysis
- And because children love our courses and become exceptional musicians (like Kara Rollins!)
- 2 National Merit Scholar Semi Finalists at Churchill Class of 2013 took Yamaha when they were young at JYMS and they are both outstanding musicians and scholars
- Early music training improves verbal and memory skills
- Music training increases children’s listening skills and their ability to recognize patterns
- Not to mention there are many social, physical and emotional benefits of music that last a lifetime
- Read more about the benefits of music here over at the Huffington Post.
Click below to find out more about each teacher!